Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Favorites - Outdoors

      I know it is still "winter", but here in the south, I think winter is pretty much over. While the weather is still mild, I've been trying to fix up a bit outside. Hopefully, by the time we hit "I can hear my sweat sizzling on my skin" temperatures, I'll be happy with my outdoors. You want to see how my deck looked when I started out? It's embarrassing, really. It hurts me.


    
     It already look so much better, I just don't have pictures to prove it. So far we've "de-junked"it, painted it, cleaned out the flower beds, and planted some flower bulbs. Next on the agenda is to paint the bench. I plan to put flowers in the window boxes, find a pretty outdoor rug, and some sort of seating arrangement for the one side.
      Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll have some gorgeous "after" pictures to show you. Now that I've shown you the "before", I'm pretty much required to! =) In the mean time, here is some fun inspiration pictures I collected to get me motivated.
      Love the simple, bright look of these two rugs. Either one would be simple to paint myself onto a plain outdoor rug, if I couldn't find something similar.



         Love the idea of using random things, for cute accents.



       Red is such a cozy color.



        A green thumb, I have NOT...but goals are good. Maybe something along these lines for the window boxes?

     
      I guess I have my work cut out for me! Should be fun! =) Have a lovely and relaxing weekend!

Deuteronomy 4:39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I like a lot this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pGqI7sub21Q/TyrYO7y3B_I/AAAAAAAABvk/MuynEEvRj74/s320/deck+2.jpg

    (it's one of the photos you've posted, I put the link because I didn't know how to describe it in english!) :)

    kisses from Italy! :)

    The pink box: http://oshifugushima.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those red chairs! Red is such a great accent color!

    I can't wait to see pictures of your finished deck!

    I've been eyeing my white, plastic table and chairs out on my deck. I'm thinking they need a can or two of spray paint. Maybe I'll go with red. =)

    Janelle
    homemadethisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete